John Wright consults on orchards, back-yard gardens, annual vegetable farms, homestead set-ups, and full-farm-systems design. He’ll even come over and identify all the plants on your land for you. John can just give verbal advice, or he can follow-up with a written plan and drawn design for your project.
Design consultations can be in-person, through zoom, or on the phone. It isn’t always necessary for John to see the property in-person; sometimes Google Earth and detailed pictures of problem areas and topography are enough.
Or call and leave a msg: 440-316-BEET(2338)
Are you a Returning Customer? Contact John directly to Schedule or with Questions
Rates, Travel Fees
We aim to be accessible. John’s hourly rate is on a sliding scale. This means you pick the hourly rate you are comfortable paying within this range:
$25-$40 per hour
+ Travel Fees
$25 per hr of driving, one way only. For example, if you live 1 hour away from Jefferson, OH, your travel fee would be $25. If you live closer than 1 hour, please just donate some bucks.
$250-400 Expected Amount for Full Site Plan and Design
The higher end of this range would be larger properties (generally over 3 acres). This covers not just the design but all the references for where to get things as well as making John available for any questions while the project is coming together over time.
- The Permaculture Designers Manual, By Bill Mollison
- Creating a Forest Garden: Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops, By Martin Crawford
- Edible Forest Gardens (2 Volume Set), By Dave Jacke and Eric Toensmeier
- Growing Fruit Trees: Novel Concepts and Practices for Successful Care and Management, By Jean-Marie Lespinasse
- The Holistic Orchard, By Michael Phillips
- Premier1, mobile fencing supplies
- Rust Belt Riders, compost in Cleveland