2- Consultations / Fruit Tree Pruning
4- Holistic Orchard Management
5- Garden Management
$$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$
In exchange for any of the below services, we’d appreciate a financial donation that fits your budget. Suggested amounts are listed. We are a young, developing education farm. We need community investment to continue growing. We have a “donate” section in our online store, and more details about giving are here.
We host group tours on our farm during the growing season. We have beautiful gardens, polyculture beds, perennial beds, hugelkulture beds, chickens, ducks, honeybees, a mud oven, a passive-solar earth-bermed greenhouse, and more! See our Pictures page for an idea. We can gear our talk to focus on plants, or living off the land in general, or growing annual vegetables, or using animals in the garden… and many more ideas! Whatever fits your interests.
- Tours usually last 2 hours — Abbreviated 1 hour tours are possible
- BEST time to visit is June, July, August — Other times can be accommodated
- Suggested pricing is same regardless of number of people — We DO limit to 8 parking spots
2. Consultations/ Fruit Tree Pruning
John is for-hire!
He gives one-on-one advice about your land.
He prunes fruit trees during the dormant season.
John has consulted on orchards, annual vegetable farms, back-yard gardens, and full-farm-systems design. He’ll even come over and identify all the plants on your land for you. John can just give verbal advice, or he can follow-up with a written plan and drawn design for your project.
He can teach you how to prune your own trees, or just do it for you.
He has accepted trade, money, and even IOUs in exchange for his service.
- Pruning estimates vary by tree. Trees must be dormant to prune (usually winter)
- Consultations: the first consultation will inform a plan for your needs
- Typical first consultation takes 1-2 hours
- Travel expenses will be taken into account, as well – John is willing to travel throughout the northeast Ohio region – contact him to ask if you are too far out
- Virtual or phone consultations are possible, as well
Suggested donation for Consultations or Pruning: $25-50 per hour
Click here to contact John to Schedule
- Classes can be geared to your needs
- Typical lecture-style classes are 2 hours, and Hands-on classes are 4 hours, but anything can be modified
Suggested donation for Teaching: $25-50 per hour
Click here to schedule a class
4. Holistic Orchard Management
John is for hire as a Holistic Orchard Manager. Through periodic visits and applications of natural treatments (foliar sprays, tree paste, plant companions, etc), John is able to successfully turn an ailing orchard into a productive healthy ecosystem. He’ll work with you to develop a plan for your particular situation and the long-term health of your trees. He’ll teach you to do as much of the labor as you want.
Suggested donation for Orchard Management: $15-40 per hour
Click here to contact John
5. Garden Management
John is for hire as a Garden Manager for natural, holistic gardening methods. He has extensive experience managing gardens, volunteers, and teaching classes. Most gardens grown under our management are not as labor-intensive as regular annual garden beds. Once in place, our gardens don’t require too many visits, except during harvest season!
Suggested donation for Garden Management: $15-40 per hour
Click here to contact John